Welcome to your Employer Guide
This guide is where to go for news and announcements, our calendar of free trainings, and helpful information about the workers’ comp process, like how to report payroll. Don’t miss the Safety section, which is full of videos, guides, and other resources on over 70 workplace safety topics.
This guide is also where you can access Business Online, the secure site where you can check your policy profile, check a claim profile, pay your premium online, issue or renew your certificates of insurance, review and file payroll reports, and more.
File a payroll report
It's easy and quick. Filing your payroll report online saves time. Enter the policy number and report number from your most recent statement. Using Internet Explorer 11? Learn more about compatibility issues
- Heavy lifting
NW Crane Service’s largest crane can lift almost 800,000 pounds— but it needs careful handling for safety.
- Thursday, Nov. 13, 9:15 a.m.: All SAIF offices are open
- System maintenance on Nov. 16 will affect Business Online
All Business Online applications will be unavailable during the maintenance.
- Coalition’s goal: make Oregon the healthiest state by 2020
A campaign to make Oregonians the healthiest citizens in America kicks off on November 13.
- What is killing Oregon workers?
An infographic that breaks down the causes of on-the-job fatalities
- SAIF wins healthiest employer award
First-place finish recognizes SAIF’s leadership in integrating employee safety and wellness.
- Another strong year moves SAIF up to #1 in rankings
SAIF is now the largest property and casualty insurance company in Oregon, according to the Portland Business Journal.
- Average workers’ comp rate dropping 5.3 percent in 2015
DCBS announced last week that the average pure premium rate Oregon employers pay will decrease again next year.
- State Senate confirms three new SAIF board members
Maurice Rahming, Jeff Stone, and Jennifer Ulum join the company’s Board of Directors on September 19.
- Help for the “golden hour”
“Creative and effective people are motivated by more than just the bottom line. ... our efforts should make a positive impact on humanity.” RevMedx
- Online tools help keep young workers safe
Workers between the ages 15 and 25 have the highest rate of injury. Training materials on saif.com—including a new interactive video—are designed specifically to keep young workers safe.
- SAIF’s Bend office will move near Old Mill District on August 18
The new location is more convenient, centrally located, and close to public transportation.
- Other States Coverage certificates now available online
Upgrade lets you track Other States Coverage certificates online.
- Summer Comp News: Moving forward
Sometimes it takes a tragedy to force change in the law. The summer issue of Comp News takes a look at two such cases in U.S. history.
- AGC/SAIF program returns $8.5 million to participating businesses
The retro program return amounts to 30.5 percent for 655 companies in construction and related industries.
- We've upgraded the Certificates of Insurance application
The Certificates of Insurance application in Business Online includes several new features, such as electronic delivery.
- SAIF offers new electronic services for medical providers
Save time and money with the convenience of e-billing, electronic EOB, and EFT.
- Getting inside their head
Young workers are more likely to get hurt on the job. Understanding how they think can help you keep them safe.
- Injured workers have another way to access information
SAIF’s secure online site for injured workers accessible by most mobile devices.
- saif.com redesigned for mobile use
Now, it's a lot easier to take saif.com with you wherever you (safely) go.
- For more, see the employer guide news archive and the training calendar.