Welcome to your Employer Guide
This guide is where to go for news and announcements, our calendar of free trainings, and helpful information about the workers’ comp process, like how to report payroll. Don’t miss the Safety and Health section, which is full of videos, guides, and other resources on about three dozen workplace safety topics.
This guide is also where you can access Business Online, the secure site where you can check your policy profile, check a claim profile, pay your premium online, issue or renew your certificates of insurance, review and file payroll reports, and more.
File a payroll report
It's easy and quick. Filing your payroll report online saves time. Enter the policy number and report number from your most recent statement. Using Internet Explorer 11? Learn more about compatibility issues
- Waking up to the facts about caffeine
No, we aren’t going to tell you to give up that morning cup of coffee, so keep reading.
- Telephone system upgrade on Saturday, Oct. 3
We won’t be able to receive faxes and phone calls periodically throughout the day.
- Pure premium rate to drop 5.3 percent in 2016
The basic rate Oregon employers pay will decrease again next year; other costs remain flat.
- It’s harvest time
National Farm Safety and Health Week honors the work of farmers and ranchers, and SAIF is finalizing plans for its 21st annual agricultural safety seminars.
- The dividend that keeps on giving
Last spring, Key Knife used its dividend from SAIF to create a new community garden for employees.
- Safety and health efforts result in $120 million dividend from SAIF for Oregon employers
Approximately 23 to 27 percent of the premium employers paid in 2014 will come back to them when checks are distributed in October.
- New: talking points on knife safety
Many tasks require the use of knives or other blades to get the job done—which means lots of chances to get hurt.
- AGC/SAIF program returns $7.9 million to participating businesses
The program emphasizes safety awareness and injury prevention at construction workplaces.
- Summer Comp News: Painkillers are killing more than pain
Opioid abuse in Oregon is off the charts; it now kills three people every week. If you don’t think this epidemic affects your business, read this issue of Comp News.
- Beating heat stress
Protect yourself from heat-related illness, both on and off the job.
- saif.com redesigned for mobile use
Now, it's a lot easier to take saif.com with you wherever you (safely) go.
- For more, see the employer guide news archive and the training calendar.