Life at SAIF
For many employees it's our work environment—valuing diversity, prioritizing life and work, promoting health and wellness, and much more—that makes the difference here.
A company is only as good as its people, and happy employees make a company strong.
We cover the entire state of Oregon with offices in Bend, Eugene, Medford, North Bend, and Portland. Additional staff work in other locations throughout the state. Our offices provide safety, marketing, premium audit, legal, investigation, and return-to-work services.
Our main campus and most of our employees are in Salem. Watch this short video (3.5 min.) to see what makes Salem special.
Neighborhood involvement | We've been part of Oregon communities for more than 100 years. Today, SAIF employees continue to give back by volunteering at animal shelters, neighborhood gardens, and beach cleanups; donating food and toys to families, reading to school children, and much more.
By volunteering in our communities around the state, we support SAIF’s vision of meeting the needs of workers and employers by enabling our employees to better understand our customers and, in turn, serve them better.
Toward that end, our employees work to identify and implement improvements to the company's sustainability practices, such as climate emissions, purchasing, and recycling.
The environment | SAIF is a workers' comp insurer—so why do we care about the environment? To understand how regulations and climate change may affect businesses we insure, and to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
Read our complete community values statement.
Walking the health talk | If we ask our customers to promote health and wellness at their workplaces, we believe we should do the same—or better. A big reason SAIF has been on the list of best places to work is the long list of health and wellness benefits we offer:
- Free, on-site health clinic (Salem)
- A health plan that supports preventative care at no or low cost to employees
- A wellness room featuring pilates, zumba, and more
- Employee events like HealthQuest, a health and wellness fair, and Employee Safety Program, with safety activities and trainings
- Ergonomic evaluations and equipment for employees
- Employee assistance program, including free counseling for employees and family members
Life and work
We take our commitment to employers and injured workers seriously. But there's more to life than your job—no matter how much you love it.
That's why we've been one of Oregon's leading companies in helping our employees focus on family and home life as well as their work. A few examples you'll find at SAIF:
- Flexible and alternative work schedules
- Telecommuting, teleworking, and "hoteling" opportunities
- Locker room/shower facilities
- Lactation rooms